Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recommended Beverage: Mojito
Mojo Marinade is simple and easy to make. There are as many recipes for this dish as there are islands in the Caribbean. It incorporates garlic, citrus juice and soy sauce to make a wonderfully bright flavor hot off the grill. So in the grilling season don’t forget your Mojo.
2 lbs chicken breast boneless/skinless
4 medium limes juice
2 zest oranges plus juice
4 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 .Combine all ingredients and add chicken.
2. Marinate unrefrigerated for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
3. Remove chicken from marinade.
4. Grill chicken over medium heat about 5 minutes on each size depending on the size of chicken breasts.
5. Chicken will become very dark in the cooking process due to the high sugarcontent.
6. Adjust grill heat to prevent over caramelizing.
7 .Marinade can be used up to 3 times. [/private]