This grass-fed beef stuffed bell pepper recipe is very simple, uses common ingredients and yields amazing comfort food. It’s also rather inexpensive and I find it is very hearty as well.
You can find my spices here on Amazon
- 4 tbs evoo
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 stalk organic celery, minced
- 1 peeled organic carrot, minced
- 1 tsp Harvest Eating Northern Italian Seasoning
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 lb grass fed beef or buffalo or mix of the two
- 4 bell peppers, gutted, save the tops
- 3 cups Jasmine or other white rice, cooked
- 2 tbs hot sauce
- 4 tbs parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In sauce pot over medium heat add evoo, onions, celery, carrot, seasoning, salt and pepper and garlic, cook for 5 minutes
- Add beef and hot sauce, stir often cook for 20 minutes
- Season with hot sauce, then remove beef mixture to a work bowl, add rice, 1/2 of the cheese and adjust seasoning..must taste good at this point.
- Stuff pepper, bake at 350 for 25-40 minutes…do not overcook
- Serve on plate with tomato sauce, garnish with more cheese if desired.