This apple cake can be gluten free or not, really no discernible difference in taste or texture. You need very tart firm apples and you can use multiple varieties.
Gluten Free Or Not-Easy Apple Cake Recipe
Author: Chef Keith Snow
Recipe type: dessert
- 3 large apples, cored, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 farm-fresh eggs
- ¾ c organic heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ c sugar
- 8 tbs melted butter
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- either 1 cup AP flour or gluten free flour
- buttered spring form pan
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add eggs, cinnamon, sugar to a bowl, whisk until well combined and starting to become pale in color.
- Add vanilla and salt, mix.
- Add the apples to this batter, fold them in.
- In separate work bowl add flour, then half the apple batter and fold well to combine, add remaining batter, fold that in then add to buttered spring form pan or non stick straight sided round pan that is about 2 inches deep.
- place into the oven on a sheet pan and cook for 50-60 minutes, edges should be dark golden brown and the top should start to become a tad golden brown.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature before eating the whole damn thing!