Created By: Omi
Active Time: a little while
Total Time: until they’re done
These are my mother-in-law’s cookies which she makes each and every holiday. These are incredibly tasty and I can inhale them. These orange spiced, oatmeal raisin cookies dipped in white chocolate are a family favorite for sure.
3/4 cup raisins
3 tablespoons orange juice or orange liqueur
3/4 cup butter, room temp.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
8 oz white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon pure or light olive oil
**DO IN ADVANCE**
In a small bowl, combine orange juice, raisins, let stand at least 5 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl beat butter, sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel.
2. In another bowl combine flour and baking soda, stir into butter mixture. Add raisins and soaking liquid and oats, mix well.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart, flatten slightly. Bake at 350 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to rack to completely.
5-. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave, stir until smooth and viscous. Place in deep bowl for dipping.
6. Dip one-third of each cookie into chocolate then place on waxed paper lined baking sheets. Chill until chocolate is firm.
Makes about 3 dozen.