This soup is perfect for chilly fall evenings and is best served with some good cheese and bread. Escarole is a slightly bitter green prized in most parts of Italy.
Escarole Potato Soup
Author: Chef Keith Snow
Recipe type: soup
- ½ head escarole
- 2 cups flavorful vegetable broth
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 2 peeled, and diced russet potatoes
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add potatoes, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add washed and chopped escarole into the broth, cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper, add cheese, serve.