Creamed chipped beef is an old American classic. In this recipe, we use ground beef for a richer flavor. Try using some of your favorite fresh herbs to make it unique. It’s great for that Sunday morning brunch.
Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recommended Beverage: everything from Champagne to coffee
2 lbs ground chuck
3 tbs olive oil
1-pint heavy cream
1/2 cup white wine
1 medium bay leaf
1 small white onion chopped
1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
1 tbs hot sauce
3 cloves garlic chopped
6 slices Texas toast
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pan heat olive oil to medium. Evenly brown the ground chuck.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft about 5 minutes.
3. Add white wine, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Allow cooking until reduced by 1/2.
4. Now add cream and reduce by 1/2 again. Season with hot sauce, black pepper, and Italian parsley.
5. Toast bread, top with creamed beef and Serve.