Surf and turf at home can be easy, delicious and at about $8.00 per serving, affordable. This dish uses only the best Blue Crab and grass fed beef to wow family and friends. Try it paired with a simple French fry and you’ll think your in the best steak house in town.
2 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin trimmed and cut in 6 steaks
1 lbs jumbo lump crab shells moved
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup cream cheese softened
2 tbs chives chopped
1 tbs tarragon chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, chives, lemon juice, tarragon, garlic and bread crumbs. Mix well and refrigerate.
2. With a sharp knife make a slice in the top of a steak and with your index finger make a cavity by applying pressure to the sides of the hole.
3. When the crab mixture is cold and firm stuff the hole in the steak with as much as the cavity will hold. Repeat as necessary and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and brush with the oil, salt and pepper. Over a hot grill, cook the steaks (turning only once) for about 5 minutes on each side. Finish the steaks over medium heat until desired temperature is reached.
5. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and serve.