[private]Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Great as a side dish or served with a green salad. This corn pudding hearkens back to a time when corn was a celebrated Thanksgiving staple.
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
2 medium onions, chopped
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
4 farm fresh eggs
6 cups fresh corn kernels, steamed for 10 minutes then cooled (about 28 ounces), frozen will work too, thaw first
2 cups milk
French gray sea salt & fresh pepper to taste
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 F. Butter a 9×13 oven proof casserole dish. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onions and saute until very soft, about 12 minutes.
4. Mix in flour and stir 4 minutes.
5. Transfer to bowl and cool to lukewarm.
6. Add eggs to onion mixture and whisk to blend.
7. Mix in corn, milk and salt. Season with pepper.
8. Pour batter in evenly in casserole dish.
9. Bake puddings until knife inserted into center of each comes out clean, about 45 min – 1 hour. Spoon onto plates.[/private]