Crepes are very thin pancakes that can be used for so many different recipes. I like to take a flavored pastry cream and layer about ten crepes with the pastry cream, refrigerate for a few hours and cut it like
a cake, the outcome is dramatic and no one will know how easy it was.
1 1/4 cup AP-flour
1 pinch salt
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/4 cup coco powder sifted
3 tbs unsalted butter melted
3 tbs raw sugar
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients and stir to combine.
2. Allow the batter to rest for thirty minutes.
3. In a nonstick sauté pan about 6 inches in diameter spray with natural vegetable spray.
4. Get the pan hot over medium high heat and pour in roughly 1 1/2 ounces of batter. Swirl the batter to coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer. Allow the batter to form together and flip when no liquid remains.
5. Cook for an additional 10 seconds and repeat as necessary.
Chef’s Notes: The crepes can be cooled and wrapped tightly then frozen for a couple of weeks.