Here is a simple recipe for making Duck Rillettes, a soft spread rich with the flavor of duck, herbs, spices etc. This is a must know recipe…
Learn how to make a simple, fresh pico de gallo. This simple salsa can be made in minutes using ordinary fresh ingredients to produce something wonderful. Once you try this you will never buy a bottle of salsa again….
Here is a simple twist on classic guacamole. The tasty fried onions add a depth of flavor and slight umami that really makes this work….
Indian food is terrific on so many level. Indian food can vary based on the use of spices and yogurt,how prevalent vegetables are in most dishes as well as the cooking vessel used. …
This is a simple recipe that uses abundant fresh tomatoes and peaches. Perfect on a warm August or early September evening. This jam makes cornmeal crusted fried green tomatoes absolutely glow with happiness!…
Here is my amazing 2 onion burger jam. This stuff rocks, makes your burger experience simple amazing. It’s a combo of two types of sweet onions that are cooked low and slow until they caramelize, then some sugar is added along with fresh Thyme and cream….
This simple concoction of local apples, onions and a touch of curry produces a terrific compliment to roast pork, turkey or even chicken. Great on thanksgiving sandwiches too!!…
Description: This is versatile stuff! Great for garlic bread, pasta, mashed potatoes, grilled meats and fish etc. be creative!…
Learn how to make a delicious chicken mousse appetizer from poached chicken and mushrooms. Perfect for a rustic dinner party.
- 4 medium Poached Chicken Thighs, cooled
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 medium Ciabatta Loaf, sliced and toasted
- 2 cups Wild Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium Shallot, chopped
- 1 handful Thyme, chopped
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Create Mushroom Duxelles:
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and stir through.
- Add shallot and thyme. Saute for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked down.
- Deglaze with white wine and scrape up any flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken thighs, mushroom duxelles, liquid smoke, and salt & pepper into a food processor. Process until broken down into a fine paste.
- Add about ¼ Cup of the cream to the mixture and process. Drizzle more cream through the top of the processor as it mixes. Mix until it reaches a mousse-like consistency-- light but will firmly stand on a spoon.
- Spread onto ciabatta bread. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
Chef’s Note: Chicken breasts can be substituted if dark meat is not your best. I personally would not make it with white meat.
Easy artichoke tapenade. Great with pita chips, on grilled fish or chicken or melted with gooey cheese. A good baguette with this tapenade and some soft camenbert cheese..can you say amazing ?…