Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Recommended Beverage: beer
Mojo Marinade is simple and easy to make. There are as many recipes for this dish as there are islands in the Caribbean. It incorporates garlic, citrus juice and soy sauce to make a wonderfully bright flavor hot off the grill. So in the grilling season don’t forget your Mojo.
[private Monthly Premium Member|Annual Premium Member|Lifetime]
2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin no solution added
4 large limes juice and zest
1/8 cup garlic chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 whole oranges juice and zest
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and add the pork.
2. Marinate unrefrigerated for at least 3 hours. Turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
3. Remove the pork from marinade.
4. Grill the pork tenderloin over medium high heat, bushing the marinade onto the pork after each turn. Turn about every 2-3 minutes. Cook for a total of about 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork tenderloin.
5. Pork will become very dark in the cooking process due to the high sugar content.
6. Adjust the grill heat to prevent over caramelizing.
7. Allow the tenderloin to rest, covered for about 5 minutes before serving.[/private]