Created By: Omi
Active Time: A little while
Total Time: Until they are done
Crispy Italian Biscotti are wonderful to dunk in hot coffee in front of the fire during the holidays. These also make a thoughtful hand-crafted gifts.
[private Monthly Premium Member|Annual Premium Member|Lifetime]
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup butter, room temp.
1 cups sugar
3 large eggs, room temp.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1/2 cup chopped Craisins or cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
3. Add vanilla then beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over work the dough!
4. Stir in the cranberries and pistachios by hand.
5. With floured hands, shape dough into 2-14 inch logs and place on greased baking sheet 4 inches apart.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes on a rack.
7. With a serrated knife ,slice logs into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place cut side down on another greased baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes, turn over bake an additional 8 minutes or until just golden brown.
8. Cool on wire racks.[/private]