Here is some delicious risotto made with butternut squash and a nifty sage-cashew pesto. This peasant food classic is amazing in fall when squash are plentiful. It’s hearty and filling and super delicious.
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour-15 minutes
Beverage Recommendation: Chiant
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups diced butter nut squash, peeled and steamed until fork tender
- - In a large dutch oven over medium heat add green onions and garlic, cook 1 minute.
- - Add rice, stir for a 2-3 minutes.
- - Start adding broth a ladle at a time, stirring well in between.
- -After most of the broth is absorbed add squash, butter, salt, pepper and cheese, stir well.
- -Add the last ladle full of broth and turn off heat, stir until absorbed then dish up the risotto and top with some pesto, serve and enjoy!
- MAKE PESTO:
- -Mince up sage and cashews.
- -Add salt, pepper, olive oil, cheese and sitr well....DONE!