Created By: Chef Keith Snow
The classic baked potato dish made with thinly sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, an infused milk mixture with garlic, and some butter, combine to make this awesome holiday classic. In this detailed video Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how-to make au gratin potatoes.
2 pounds Russet potatoes, thinly sliced
2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese
1-1/4 cups Organic heavy cream
3/4 cups Whole milk
1/8 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp Kosher salt
1. Using a Mandolin, slice the potatoes as thin as you can..put potato slices in water bath to help keep from oxidizing.
2. Dry potatoes in a kitchen towel before assembly.
3. Layer potatoes, cheese and milk mixture until your heavy bottomed baking dish is full.
4. Be sure to season each layer.
5. Bake at 350F until bubbly and starting to brown.
Chef’s Note: Let cool to room temperature for optimal eating enjoyment.