Today’s episode is all about making shrimp burgers. This simple burger is of course meat free yet still has a pleasant texture, awesome taste and is very easy to make.
Shrimp burgers take easily to ethnic flavors such as Thai, Mexican, Latin, Spanish etc. Shrimp burgers are rather healthy too…low in fat and cholesterol.
- 10 ounces fresh shrimp, 7 ounces minced, 3 ounces roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ½ tsp garlic pwdr
- 1 tsp toasted and ground fennel seed
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice of half lemon
- ¼ cup fine organic corn meal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 20 twists black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Pulse 7 oz shrimp in processor, then add chopped shrimp, pulse twice
- In a work bowl add shrimp plus the rest of the ingredients
- heat non stick skillet over medium high heat, add a large spoonful of shrimp mixture, pat into burger shape
- Cook until starts to brown on side one, then flip, cook two more minutes.
- Serve on toasted onion rolls with sliced tomatoes and red pepper mayo..of course I use