In today’s episode I discuss making a simple Italian inspired appetizer that uses everyday items yet produces something a bit unfamiliar to most yet certainly a welcome surprise to many.
This white bean bruschetta is terrific for your next BBQ, dinner party, special meal for the love of your life….heck..just a simple snack too. Give it a shot.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cooked white beans (reserve 2 tbs of the cooking liquid)
- handful basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- good bread, sliced and toasted..if you use crap ass bread it's on you..not me!!
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat add oil and garlic, cook until gets ever so slightly brown...CAREFUL....too brown and your done for.
- Pour oil and garlic in bowl, add beans and salt and pepper to taste
- Mash slightly retaining some texture, mound up on bread....then add basil drizzle...which is made by processing handful basil with 1 tbs EVOO and 2 tbs bean cooking liquid and a pinch of salt
- drizzle this on the bruchetta