Today I go over a very simple recipe, Arroz Verde or green rice. Made with green onions, cilantro and a few spices this simple dish is the perfect snack or “heft’ for other meals like arroz con frijoles, burritos, soups etc.
This dish can be made in under 30 minutes and costs a dollar or so for a huge bowl.
- 1 tbs grape seed oil
- 4-5 green onions, washed and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup packed cilantro that has been minced after being carefully washed
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 1-2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 3 tbs minced pickled jalapenos or a fresh red or green chili
- 2 cups Jasmine rice, cooked
- 3 tbs salsa verde
- In a skillet over medium heat add oil and onions, cook for 5 minutes, add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, coriander and jalapenos, store and cook 1 minute more
- Add cilantro, stir though then add rice and salsa verde, mix well and serve.